Amy's workshop instructions arrived through a downloadablePDF file, while the fabrics followed very quickly through the postal system. By visiting the Craftsy workshop, I was able to read lots of comments and see several pictures of the quilts finished by the workshop participants. All the quilts look similar, but all are a little different depending on how the quilter used the fabrics.
The quilt was very easy to put together with the large block format and in a manner of a few days, I had the top done and hanging on the line.
Amy's quilt finishes at 73" x 73", but I decided to add a 5" border to take the quilt to a larger size, approxiumately 83" x 83". In a perfect world, I would have put the blocks on a design wall and played around with the layout, but in my sewing world, I have no design wall and very little sewing space. To compensate, instead of sewing row by row as Amy suggests, I put the quilt together in sections, starting with the centre block.
The next step was to sew the blocks together and stack them up, ready for use. You can see how easy they were to piece. The blocks are arranged for the camera, not necessarily in the way they were placed in the quilt, but it allows you to see the type of blocks that were made and a close up of some of the fabrics.
I really enjoyed these corners!
Once the blocks were made, it was a matter of helping the quilt grow from two stars...
to three. I see the leaves in the background and on the ground match the chartreuse very well!
There was so much extra fabric in the kit that I still have plenty to make a pieced border for my Triple Barnstar quilt and there is still enough left for another smaller quilt. Thanks to Amy and Craftsy, this was one project that I didn't put on the back burner. When the fabric arrived, I started cutting and I am so glad I did.
It's a great day for quilting!