Sunday, July 12, 2015

Artisans Collective Gift Shop

The Artisans Collective gift shop is now open for the season. The shop is located in the Port Hastings Museum in Port Hastings, Cape Breton.  The civic address is 24 Route 19, Port Hastings, Nova Scotia. I am one of 12 local artisans who sell our handcrafted items at the shop during the tourist season with a percentage of all sales going to the museum. 

Earlier today I put together a Face Book page and hope to update it every few days. It would be wonderful if you could visit us virtually by clicking Here to go to the Artisans Collective Facebook page.

If you are coming here from mainland Nova Scotia, you will have to drive across the Canso Causeway. Here is a fabulous picture I found on the net that shows the Causeway from the air...


When you cross the Causeway and drive around the rotary, you will see us on the left on a small hill. This is what we look like from the outside...



and this is some of what you'll see when you come into the shop:

























We each take a turn volunteering at the shop every 12 days and my turn is tomorrow. Drop by if you are in the area! 

I couldn't resist this last picture. Woodworker Hubby helped put up our new system to hang quilts. Here he is deep in thought...


It's a great day for quilting!


12 comments:

  1. Wow, your shop has such a broad range of items , we drove past yesterday but didn't have time to stop in , hopefully next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lesley, it looks great! Lots of fun, new items. I see some good sized quilts available for sale, too! I look forward to my first visit of the season. Have fun tomorrow. Hope you gets lots of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have lots of visitors and sales. It looks like it is set up nicely, and there is so much to see. I think I spotted one or two of your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - I've been there! Sadly, you were out of town at the time. Maybe I'll get back one day......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, thanks for the virtual tour. Hope to do the Cabot Trail again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous display you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is such a stunning amount of talent on display at your collective. It looks amazing.
    I will have to visit the page. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh… I hope I were nearest to you to make you a visit, see all this fab quilt and items and give you a big hug!!
    Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! What a gorgeous place...such a feast for the eyes and the soul. Fabulous quilts and other works of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a successful season, Lesley! What a lot of lovely goodies to tempt the tourists!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures hope it is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!