Thursday, July 30, 2015

Final Pics from the Maine Quilt Show 2015

The Maine Quilt Show 2015 is such a refreshing memory. Hard to believe I was there less than a week ago. There were over 600 quilts on display, with the room surrounded on all sides by vendors, with a few more rooms off to the sides with vendors and special displays. 

There were tons of workshops too, but we were just there for the day, so our focus was quilts, quilts, and more quilts. Here are the rest of the pics I took. Some just called my name...



Look at how the selvedges were used. Linda, are you paying attention?


Look at the puffin's body...selvedges! 


Wall hangings galore...




A child's first quilt...


And you know I love little pieces... 



 and applique...


The Hoffman Challenge quilts blew me away. Some of my favorites...










Traditional to modern...this show had it all...







I was thrilled to see this sailboat quilt below. I had purchased the PDF pattern for this boat quilt online last month at Cottonway...can't wait to make it! 


I have some of the Tula Pink fabrics, Elizabeth, waiting for the perfect quilt. Love her fussy cutting of the queen! 





I love what this gal did with her hexies.


I found the Modern Hexie tutorial HERE and am planning on making a table runner with a candy pack of bright colours.

And then I saw this quilt...be still my heart...


and these...



At the end of the day, I raced all around the walking track on the upper level taking pictures from every corner. Even the bleachers look like a patchwork quilt! 




Every quilt show needs a sense of humour...


Thank you for sharing my memories. It's a great day for quilting!


24 comments:

  1. OMG! How amazing! The selvedge quilts are awesome! All the quilts are awesome! Guess my quilty head would have exploded! thanks for taking all these wonderful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lesley for sharing all these great pictures of even greater quilts. Wonderful.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting all those wonderful pictures!! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the last picture!!! lol Those are some amazing pieces of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More beautiful quilts! Thank you for the link for the Modern Hexies! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for these wonderful pictures. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilts! Thanks for a trip to the show--and that last quilt made me LOL!!! So funny. : )
    BTW, the quilt where you said "be still my heart"--that is a free pattern on APQ designed by Kim Diehl. Link is found here...
    http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quilt-patterns/quilt-throws/midnight-blooms-quilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos Lesley. I think I've seen that Indigo Moon quilt cow quilt before. It looks like Mary Lou's Purple Cow pattern adaption. The bird in the birdbath also looks like on of her patterns.

    Love that Kim Diehl quilt and the selvedge ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. My favorite is the very first one, but I'm in love with many of them. Such a wide diversity. I think I'm heading for Maine this time next year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing exhibition - thank you so much for sharing your pictures, and for taking the time to take them. Some wonderful inspiration there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. and Thank you for going and taking some photos to share with the rest of us who could not go--
    that last one really made me smile--
    and I think using selvages on the penguins tummy is sooo cool!!
    smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful quilt show! Such diversity to just absorb from every direction. The selvadge and bird mini - might just keep that next bag of saved seladges. And the added whimsy, too. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the pictures - awesome variety of quilts. I laughed at the last one. Perhaps next year I can go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to go to the Maine show for a few years. Someday I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, the pictures are spectacular, so I'm sure seeing them in person was amazing. Love the variety and imaginations of the quilters. Really loved the selvedge wall hanging with the birds, so beautiful. I will have to add this trip to my bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! You must have come home so inspired! Thanks for sharing all these gorgeous works of art. I loved seeing them x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for taking us along to the quilt show. Such wonderful and creative work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for posting some pictures. I am the owner of the Puffin quilt. I like the Bird selvedge quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! What a wonderful Puffin it is! So creative! I tried to reply to your comment but it was a no-reply, so hope you come back and read this message. So glad your Puffin quilt was in the show!

      Delete
  19. Wow....these are fantastic especially the boy running.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Amazing quilts! I would have loved it there!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful post! Now I know what you girls were talking about yesterday! Those selvedge quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much. These are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!