Tuesday, August 11, 2015

10th Anniversary Quilt Show and Sale

The Celebrating Quilting at the Causeway Quilt Show and Sale is reaching the halfway point today. It is our 10th anniversary of the annual show so we are open for 10 days this year. Every day the hours are 10-4.


Day 5 of the show is today and I am as excited to head over to the church this morning as I was on Day 1. I volunteer in the church hall at the "pay me" table, so make sure you come over to say hello. 



Everyday we welcome visitors from home and away, family and friends, quilters, and non-quilters, and all are impressed with the variety of quilts on hand and the skills of our resident quilters.



I started a Facebook page for the quilt show a couple of weeks ago and people  are finding us. The Page is called "Celebrating Quilting at the Causeway" and even if you are not a facebook member, you can see the page and all the pictures by clicking HERE. If you are a Facebook member, please like us and say hello!

I have met several friends at the show that have travelled from various places in Nova Scotia.  My blog friend, Sheila brought a smile and a boatload of compliments when she visited the other day!  She blogged all about it and shows some fabulous pictures at Sheila's Quilt World HERE. 



Then along came four quilters who had been following and commenting on the Facebook page. So nice to meet Monica, Sheila, Debby, and Lorraine in real life.  



Ruth from Pictou arrived yesterday and we had a great visit too!

In the church hall, we have a striking red and white Double Irish Chain quilt set up on a traditional frame. Everyone who visits is invited to sit with us and quilt. Everyday, we have quilters from our area that have been joined at the frame by both novice and experienced quilters. What a wonderful tradition to pass along! In the background you can see some of the smaller items for sale. Lots of tea cosies, crib quilts, and Christmas hangings. 



I'll leave you with a few more pictures to tempt you to pack the car and drive to Port Hastings!






It's a great day for quilting!









12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous quilts! How I'd love to pack the car and head your way! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lesley,
    looks just wonderful, admired this event already last year. Wonderful quilts to see, and the picture with the women quilting on the traditional frame makes me smile. I quilt on one of them, just alone most of the time. So much more fun when a group quilts together. Time just flys then.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing this show. I wish I lived closer so I could visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admire this show thru your eyes (and Sheil's). Great photos of such a wonderful display of quilty goodness. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing. Wish it was just a short drive away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a great show Lesley.. I love the idea of the quilting frame set up! Bit far for me to drive...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a stunning show Lesley - wish I could be there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That top pic is a grabber; looks like a beautiful show. So nice to see pics of blogging friends. I love that you have the hand quilting set; I'm convinced the traditional quilting ways are the most beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great show and I'd love to know story behind the messed up piecing on the one quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is as lovely a show as always! I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted so hope I am able to return!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the pictures are fabulous. I have checked out the pics on facebook a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a wonderful show. How many quilts are on display?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!