Saturday, December 19, 2015

Getting Ready for Christmas

I started with the Christmas quilts and hung them around the house.


The kitchen quilts were hung and the Christmas oranges were bought and readied for consumption.


The Santas were brought out of storage and found their places on shelves, tables, and anywhere I could find!


Many years ago I did more tole painting than quilting, so you'll see lots of wooden Santas made by Woodworker Hubby and me. He cut out and assembled the pieces and I did the painting.


Over the years, I have been gifted with many fabulous Santas by friends and family. This is just a sample of what surrounds us at Christmas. 


The lighting was pretty poor when I took the pictures, so some of the pictures are a little dull. But trust me, these Santas shine!


The ladder quilts were changed up and some Santas added to the top.

The Christmas Dresden quilt was taken out of storage...


Do you see the quilt at the bottom of the bed? I just finished this selvage quilt a couple of weeks ago. 


I made this lap quilt just for me to cuddle up in, so I added flannel to the back and machine quilted some stitch in the ditch along the piano key borders. The pdf pattern is by Karen Griska and can be found by clicking HERE


I love using this quilt because there are so many memories in it from fabric I have used for the many quilts I have made over the years.


DS and his girlfriend are due home today and we'll plan to put up the tree in a day or two. Although we won't be seeing DD, SIL, and our first GS this Christmas, I did have the chance to go West a few weeks ago. The little guy has just turned 6 months old and is already checking out my stitches!


I finished a few projects this month too. I do love to play in my sewing room!





I tidied up the sewing room today but I'm sure I'll find a little time over the holidays to play in there. Thanks so much for coming by. I've had another wonderful year sharing my projects and inspiration with my friends in Blogland and appreciate you all so much!  Have a wonderful Christmas! 

23 comments:

  1. Your home is a welcoming, Chistmasy, warmth of the season! Love all your quilts, santas, and decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your home, everything is so pretty! I love the bedroom photo and quilts. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. My you've been creatively busy. How lovely to have the collation with your husband making the Santas! I'd love to see close up pictures of some of those ones.

    Have a Merry Christmas with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to come over and take a tour in person! Love your Christmas Dresden. I have a collection of Santas too, but I've been too lazy to get them out the past couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A feast for the eyes! You know my favourite...that selvedge quilt gives me the goosebumps. I need to see that in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Your home looks amazing with your gorgeous Santa collection. I do love your pretty selvage quilt. Merry Christmas to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas quilts are all so beautiful. Your Santa collection is awesome. It's all so merry and bright at your house. Love your new selvage quilt too! Merry Christmas Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie, I love how you hung your Christmas quilts. How did you do it without drilling holes for rods or did you drill holes for rods? I also love your Christmas tote bag. Is it fabric or laminated fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so very festive at your home! : )
    Love your holiday quilts. And that selvage quilt is very fun.
    Oh, isn't that grandbaby cute as your QC officer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home must look and feel wonderful at this time of year. I love seeing all your quilts and Santas - they make your home so festive. And it is even more special to know that you and hubby made many of the gorgeous Santas.
    Your grandson looks very content on his quilt.
    And look at all the other wonderful finishes you added at the end of the post!! Beautiful, beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredible display of your Christmas quilts and Santas. Those of us who work with our hands can certainly appreciate the time, work and effort that graces your home.

    I wish you and Dave a most wonderful and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I know why you're so Cuddly! You're REALLY Mrs. Claus aren't you?!?!? I don't think I've seen the topsy turvy santa quilt in the 1st photo before. Very cute. Love the wooden flying Santa with the little flip in his coat! Very cute. Thanks for the selvage quilt linK, I'm trying to be more mindfful of hanging on to some of those, and this design even puts short pieces to use. That little elf on elephant quilt looks awfully squeezable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Santa collection is delightful - so beautiful and varied! And your Christmas quilts are stunning. I'm on my way to check out the pattern for the salvage quilt - I've used salvages to make bags but I have a huge pile so a quilt would be a great idea. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lesley, your Christmas quilts are DDG! Absolutely gorgeous!! Such a wonderful holiday display...and your tree isn't even up yet! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lelsey your home looks just fantastic , love all your santas and Christmas quilts it sure showcases your many talents . Merry Christmas my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my!! I just love, love, love your Santas!!! I have a few, but am always looking for more. Your quilts are lovely too and I really want to make a selvedge quilt! I will check the link. I have a ton (almost) of selvedges! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your house looks very festive and inviting! Have a wonderful holiday! Stay safe and warm. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Christmas decorations. Merry Christmas Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH my goodness, it's been a while since I've visited, but I sure picked a great time to come back and take a peek! What a show you put on, love seeing all the quilts and the Santas - WOW!!! Great Holiday cheer at your place. Love the quilt the little guy is on and the bibs are super cute. I've got twin grandsons on the way, was there a pattern for those? Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many beautiful things Lesley - gorgeous quilts and a wonderful collection of Santas. The selvedge quilt is gorgeous! I have only recently started collecting selvedges - I had thought it pointless! But your quilt and some other work I have seen recently has convinced me that it will be worth it! Have a wonderful Christmas Lesley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your house would be the best ever to tour at Christmas. So many beautiful Santas and quilts! I love that little guy on the elephant quilt, too. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so loved seeing your most beautiful Christmas quilts and displays around your home

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!