Friday, February 19, 2016

Flannel in Flight

Earlier this week, I finished sewing the binding on a cozy flannel lap quilt. Luckily the sun was shining and the deck was cleared of snow so I could get to my clothesline for a picture.


I fell in love with the preprinted flower fabric designed by Bonnie Sullivan for Maywood Studio.   What a great idea to have the look of applique without the work. Guess I am revealing to you all how lazy I can be!

Here are a few closeups of the fabrics and the quilting. The quilting was done by Ange from Quilting on the Mira. Love the design she chose! 







 
The pattern was designed by Bonnie as well, with the quilt finishing at 48" x 60". There are several quilt designs which you can get for free at the Maywood Fabrics web site HERE.

It was a little tricky waiting for the wind to die down to take a pic, so I waited a bit more but it was still pretty windy.

Finally I decided to hang it on the deck which gives you a better idea of the design but the colours are a bit subdued.


Remember I was having laptop woes? They weren't fixable without investing in a fair bit of money so it made more sense to bite the bullet and just buy a new one. My last one was 8 years old so I guess it didn't owe me much! This time around, the laptop cost so much less and the set up was easy and almost instantaneous. So here I am, back at it!

It's a great day for quilting!

 
 

20 comments:

  1. This is a lovely quilt and deserved a showing in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful cozy cuddly-ness! I love Bonnie Sullivan designs too! That first blowing in the wind photo reminds me of photographing quilts at the Buggy Barn Quilt Show and Quilting In The Garden. It's fun, how they come alive and enjoy dancing in the breezes! I'm getting closer to a new computer too...next time it will be a laptop, which will = one less clunky piece of furniture and more space for sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your quilt--it looks so comforting--
    glad you got a new computer and that it is up and running--
    love and laughter, di

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful quilt! I love the colors!! Hope spring comes soon!! Great quilt design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! What a great idea for the use of that fabric. You did a great job! I'm just getting back into quilting and I'm not that good at it to begin with! LOL! But I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to do some fast appliqué! This looks so comfy and cozy - perfect to snuggle up with. Glad you have a new laptop - I'm afraid I'll be following in those footsteps before long. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, as are all of your Quilts, Lesley! Check out that blue sky! It's as brilliant as the colors in your quilt are rich. Curious to know what you bought for a new laptop. I'm still hating mine, almost a year later, and nothing was easy on it. Guess I'm just not the techy you are! ;). XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely quilt. Isn't it amazing how inexpensive a laptop is compared to just a few years ago. Oh and the quilting is fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, another gorgeous finish Lesley, the flannels will be welcome in your part of the world! Love the use of the 'cheater' blocks :-) Funny how much the price of things has come down, isn't it... I remember how much we paid for a TV back in the days - you can buy them for half that now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your quilt is so pretty. Love that it is flannel but doesn't look like it in the pictures. I bet it is very soft and cuddly. BTW, what kind of computer did you end up with. I was in the same boat with an old computer too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful finish Lesley, love the colors and the little designs in the blocks.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Technology woes are the worst!!! But that quilt could definitely cheer you up! I love Bonnie's designs and fabrics! I made her Bertie's Year quilts last year and had a ball with them. Great finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I love that applique look without the work! You are anything but lazy and the proof is in all the amazing quilts you make, including this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute, Lesley! I love Bonnie Sullivan's designs, but have yet to applique any of them. This looks like a good alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pleased you have a new laptop and it is up and running!!!
    Your quilt is lovely. This is a perfect design choice for those lovely fabrics. It looks gorgeous against the blue sky and snow.
    I followed up and went to the link for the quilts. I have picked up quite a few ideas so thanks for the link too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilt Lesley and how great that you are getting the new laptop working just right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!