Sunday, February 7, 2016

Stars, Stars, and More Stars

Hello! Just a quick update to say hello! I am currently having laptop issues and until I can get it repaired, will have to do a short blog today using my iPad. I can not figure out how to insert the pictures the way I want, so will do my best for now, and when my laptop is up and running again, will fix things up and provide some links.

Suffice to say that my sewing room is busy these days as I make stars, stars, and more stars! I have two star projects on the go. The first is a quilt called Four-Patch Stars using a French General layer cake called Petite Prints and a Crazy for Red tan background by Minnick and Simpson. There is a fabulous tutorial by Jenny Doan on YouTube that walked me through all the steps. Super fun and super easy! 



I have 7 blocks made with 13 to go!

My other project is making a 6" sawtooth star a week! I was inspired by both Darlene at A Needle Pulling Thread and Barbara Brackman at Material Culture.  Darlene posts a block a week, making red, white, and blue versions of this star, while last year, Barbara hosted her Stars in a Time Warp quiltalong where she used the same pattern each week but featured a different reproduction fabric. I am using Darlene's pattern and her timeline, but aiming to follow Barbara's guidelines, or close to it, for my star blocks. I had a star day yesterday and now I am caught up and will hope to continue with one block a week in the future.  The order of fabrics used so far is Turkey Red, Prussian Blue, Shirtings, Cheddar, Over dyed Green, and Double Pink. 


Although I may have to "fudge" some of my fabric choices, I'm pretty sure I will have enough stash fabric to keep going for the year!

A little heads up on some Blogger issues. Some of us who use Blogger are losing followers. Recently, changes have been made, and if you wish to follow someone on Blogger, you have to have a Google account. It is pretty easy to set up, so if you wish to follow me in the future, please think of registering for a google account. It is free and easy. Madame Samm has explained it very well on her blog last week HERE.  If you don't want to sign up for an account, you can still receive my posts by registering on my blog to receive my posts through your email account. Just look on my sidebar for the place to input your email. 

Thanks so much for coming by. It's a great day for quilting.

16 comments:

  1. Here I figured I just was not that interesting anymore. Love your fabrics they are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stars - I had fun playing with the Crazy for Red line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all the stars you have made especially the one from a tutorial by Jenny. I can see how that would also be a fabulous scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stars look great! Hope your laptop woes are soon gone. Enjoy your Sunday stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stars! Good luck getting your laptop back in tiptop shape. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blocks! Love your stars. Thanks for reminding me about the video. Those MSQC tutorials are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing all those stars. Great to some good projects like that on the go. I may have to try the first star and use up some of my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stars! The French General fabrics are yummy! I think you'll enjoy following all of Barbara Brackman's fabric posts and playing with the reproduction fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy post, with all of those twinkling stars!
    Really like the 4-patch stars. Good think there is no link in this post, because I am too easily diverted. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I noticed a drop in followers! I didn't realize it was a blogger issue. Love your star blocks, Lesley! You are accomplishing so much this winter! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the stars!! They are so beautiful...
    Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stars are gorgeous! How beautiful the finished projects will be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!