Thursday, May 26, 2016

Misdirection is a Finish

Back in November, I finished a quilt top using my Elizabeth line of Tula Pink fabrics. You can read about it HERE. Then in early January, I pieced the back with the remaining TP fabrics. This week, it was time to do the quilting. As usual, before I started the quilting, I googled the quilt images and found pictures of the finished quilt using straight line quilting. I loved what I saw so decided to use straight line stitching varying the widths from about half an inch to one and a half inches.



I love seeing the traditional flying geese blocks set in a "sky" of neutral creams that include everything from sewing notions to tigers!



All the geese were made with Tula Pink fabrics, and what a line she created!





I still had so much fabric left over from my TP FQ bundle that I decided to use them on the back, along with some of the neutrals and a few extra flying geese blocks.



The quilt rolls like a charm, taking up very little room if you have to store it somewhere.



I used a grey fabric by Robert Kaufman to bind it.



At 56" x 66", it's all ready and waiting to cuddle up in!



Saturday will be a super quilty day. I'm heading off to the Thistle Quilt Guild Annual quilt show in Westville, Nova Scotia, with my quilt blogging buddies: Linda from Scrapmaster, Sheila from Sheila's Quilt World, and Karen from KaHolly. I know we will have a great time seeing all the quilty treasures and are also doing an exchange. Our challenge for the four of us was to do a pillow top using improv curves. Some of us may not have remembered the "improv" part of the curves, just saying, but there will definitely be curves!  Maybe we'll see you at the show! 



It's a great day for quilting!


22 comments:

  1. Misdirection is beautiful! It really looks like spring and summer. The straight line quilting looks great with it and I love how it rolls so compactly. Have a gray time at the Quilt Show today! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt and a great size, too! It's amazing how small it rolls up to be. Have fun at the quilt show with those two ladies...a little jealous here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt! Have a great time at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the misguided geese. : )
    Have a great time at the show--take lots of photos to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lesley, I LOVE this quilt!!! The fabric colors are devine and the design with the geese going every which way is super fun! I always love straight line quilting best. Have a great time on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun quilt - love! Enjoy your time at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice colour palette. I saw the pattern and liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt turned out beautifully. Love that it rolls so nice and small. What kind of batting did you use in it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt and a good size. Have fun at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love flying geese, and these are absolutely gorgeous! And I do love how compactly the quilt rolls up.

    Have fun at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is fabulous and I love how you quilted it . Thanks for posting the poster for our quilt show . I am really looking forward to seeing you , Karen and Linda !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice finish for your quilt. I love the quilt design, and it's nice that it works on both sides. Have fun at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is gorgeous. I love the colors of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finish! Have fun with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous finish Lesley! Bet you will have lots of fun and chatting at the show - I'm looking forward to seeing the challenge items :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh, Lesley, I truly cannot wait to handle this quilt tomorrow morning! Your Quilts are always so lovely pictured on your blog, but when I see them in person, I'm always so blown away! Yet another masterpiece! I'm looking forward to our get together tomorrow, improv curves or not! XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Misdirection, Lesley. Glad to see you're doing some walking foot quilting! Have fun on Saturday, wish I was closer, I'd join you. Please say Hi to Linda, Sheila and Karen for me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Misdirection is wonderful! The FG blocks are a great way to show off all that great Tula fabric. Have fun at the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful finish Lesley - enjoy your Saturday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow Kaholly, so I've made the rounds of all four of your blogs. How great your quilt looks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This really is a lovely finish. The fabrics do create a stunning effect. The geese are fun and the blocks are interesting with their placement. i can see why this one appealed to you. Great choice with the quilting - it really sets off the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!