Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Meeting Some Deadlines

My sewing room seems to be getting busier day by day! I have put a lot of my ongoing projects on hold so I can prepare for the annual quilt show we have that runs from August 11-16. I managed to finish binding two bed-sized quilts and attach labels so they are off my to-do list.

Earlier today, I finished machine quilting my Scrappy Irish Chain quilt. My inspiration for this quilt was a design by Rita of Red Pepper Quilts which you can read about HERE. I used straight line stitching, like Rita did, in a 2" grid which was a bit monotonous to do, but I like the effect. Here are a few pics I took earlier today.


I love how the black and grey pop from time to time!


I have a black binding prepared and will attach that tomorrow.


Once that is off my list, I have a Kaffe Fasset lap quilt top that is waiting.

It's a great day for quilting! 

16 comments:

  1. That is a cool quilt. I love the black and gray with all the color surrounding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those bright colors really pop with the black & gray parts - great quilt Lesley! Good luck with the quilt show - I know it's a lot of work to put one together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great color layout you have used. I've not seen an Irish Chain like this before--wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt, I'm used to Irish Chain quilts bein two colours or maybe a few more with large squares where wreaths or motifs are quilted. Love that you did yours all in small colourful squares and then did the greys and blacks. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt. The black/gray does pop. Those are not usual "pops" which makes it even more unique and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Irish chain scrappy quilt is great. When you said you quilted it in a 2" straight line -- did you mean in the ditch in both ways, or some other direction. I cannot see the quilting lines on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I like the unifying aspect of the black and grey sections. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie, it's just gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person! Good luck getting everything ready for the show! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are busy - a woman on a mission! Love that scrappy Irish Chain! So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful!!! Love the way the black and gray pops out too :*). Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is lovely and I do agree that the black and grey make it work so well.
    Good luck with your deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the Irish Chain pattern - an old-time favorite! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quilt is so cheerful looking...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!