Sunday, April 9, 2017

Wedding Quilt Gifted

This winter I decided to make " the wedding quilt"  for my son and his fiance who are getting married this summer.  I chose blacks, greys, and whites in a variety of fabrics and put together a Carpenter's Star quilt.  As you may know, I love scrappy quilts, and this pattern allowed me to use all kinds of fat quarters I had been saving. I chose the pattern designed by Calico Carriage Quilt Designs found on Craftsy HERE. I made a few changes to the border and the quilt finishes at 94' x 94". When the top was made, I took a picture of it on our bed.



It was a pretty easy quilt  to make as long as I followed the colour layout. The hardest thing was to find a floor large enough to lay out the blocks, and the fear was that I would sew them together in the wrong order, but it all worked out! I sent the top off to Ange at Quilting on the Mira and she worked her magic.

A few closeups of the quilting...





It was a thrill to be able to gift this quilt and take a few pictures of them wrapped in their "blanket of love". 



The quilt is now in its new home, giving even more hugs and love!



I recently returned from a whirlwind week sharing time with my daughter and her family and my son and his fiance. It was a week of non-stop family and fun and gave me lots of opportunities for quilt giving and hugs with Master P!



Now that I'm back, I have to be content with FaceTime and lots of time in my sewing room! It's a great day for quilting!

21 comments:

  1. The wedding quilt looks marvelous! Love the photo of the happy couple wrapped in their quilt. The quilting looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stunning is the Carpenter in the blacks! Lovely quilt to gift for such a special occassion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and quilting look so beautiful in this quilt! Sweet pictures of the receivers and you with Master P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is awesome! And your longarmer did a great job of quilting it. Absolutely gorgeous! The happy couple will cherish it for years to come. Glad you had a great week with family. Too bad they are so far away. Did you try sticking Master P into your suitcase to bring home? Thought always crosses my mind... ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. One beautiful quilt! Made with love...how special. Love your happy Nanna photo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a really lovely quilt!
    And what a cute photo at the end. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wedding quilt is delightful. Lovely use of the different shades and fabrics and a perfect choice for this design. At that size it was definitely one to send away for quilting. And that looks stunning, too. What a beautiful gift!
    Glad you also had some lovely play time with your grandie. That is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like it was wonderful family time! I love the way the quilt turned out. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilt. The quilting is fabulous too. How nice to be able to spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt. It will be well used and loved. Time with family is always special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilt Lesley - a stunning design and the beautiful quilting brings it all together nicely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is beautiful and the quilting is sure lovely too . I am sure you already miss that cute little face and those cuddles .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! He got big too fast! What a little cutie! The quilt came out great, Lesley. I'm sure they were very pleased! Hope to see you soon! Enjoy your week. XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Wedding Quilt is Beautiful and your Grandson is precious I love being a Granny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wedding quilt is one that will be cherished by the lucky couple. I really like the Carpenter's Wheel pattern and the colors make it a very modern looking quilt. Glad you had some family times.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As time goes by I'm sure the happy couple will appreciate all the time you put into your beautiful gift to them. And now I see why you call yourself the Cuddle Quilter; what a very special angel you are cuddling with. Your setting for showing us the quilt in the first photo is set beautifully, especially with your black and white wall hanging in the background. That's a lovely piece also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Lesley, what a beautiful quilt.... I'm sure they were over the moon thrilled with it (BTW didn't it look great on your bed!). How lovely that you've had some gorgeous family time; Master P is such a cutie - and is growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilt, Lesley! I know the lucky recipients are happy to have such a tangible bit of love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a beautiful quilt and obviously appreciated! I'm glad you had a lovely visit with family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!