Thursday, June 29, 2017

Stargazer and More

Many months ago, I saw a promotion of a new line of fabrics designed by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts. Her line was a luscious collection of blues and creams called Blue Sky by Andover Fabrics. To promote the collection, Edyta designed a free pattern called Stargazer. I loved the pattern and knew I probably had enough blues and creams in my collection to get a good start on the quilt. I started by making the four large stars and when they were done and sewn together, the top was about 72" x 72" . You may remember this quilt in the making, and can see what it looked like on a previous post HERE.  

But I didn't stop there...I wanted the quilt larger so I added a 6" checkerboard border, and another 6" tone on tone border. That makes it finish at about 96" x 96", a perfect size for a queen bed.

Then it was off to the clothesline on a sunny day...






I'm always afraid of a top stretching when I hang it for a picture, so you can see how many clothespins I used! And of course, the wind came up! 


A few weeks ago, I aired some of the quilts I had finished over the winter and was taking to the Artisans Collective Gift Shop. You can read about the shop on our Facebook page HERE.  It wasn't a very sunny day, but you get the idea...


I'm sure you recognize a few of these since I usually take a picture of the quilt top before I send it to the quilter or head to my machine, but they sure hang better when they are quilted! Here are a few closeups...







It's a great day for quilting!

18 comments:

  1. The 6" checkerboard border and then the darker blue border on Stargazer are perfect! Love that quilt! I see many others that I also like, especially the village. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt. Love your pictures on your clothes line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful array of gorgeous quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Stargazer is awesome! What a great way to enlarge it. I really like the little town square. Who designed it, please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that Stargazer. Awesome. Great checkerboard border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt! I love the blue and cream combination. The hanging quilts look so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt show, Lesley.
    I need to make more quilts like your Stargazer--large blocks with lots of visual interest. (Love it!) Maybe then I would actually have some quilts big enough to use!!! *LOL*
    I enjoyed seeing that fun Asterisk quilt again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new stargazer quilt is a beauty, Lesley! The changes you made to make the quilt larger are perfect enhancements for the basic design. Always love seeing your previously made quilts. I never mind seeing that one with the houses/buildings. It just looks so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your stargazer top. What a fantastic collection of quilts you have there Lesley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, I LOVE the way you finished your stars..did you make 12 9" nine patches for the shorter sides? Here I thought I'd be finished with the big stars but love your additions! And I noticed I messed up the center so need to fix that. What a beautiful line-up of quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt came out amazing, Lesley! Is it for someone special? It's so big. Love seeing your quilts all lined up. And there's that asterisk quilt, my most favorite of all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thought I had stumbled upon a quilt show.....beautiful display of workmanship. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lesley, you are so prolific, your quilts are gorgeous and how you do so many ???
    Just a note to say our bus tour this year (got home last Sun.) was great. We went to Vermont and a quilt show there that was huge and sooo many vendors also. I hardly had time to see the quilts, spent so much time shopping. It was a tiring day but well worth it. We also went to all new (to us) quilt shops and they too were great. We missed you. Hope to see you soon, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stargazer is amazing , love those colours together . Love all those quilts on the line ☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stargazer looks wonderful - can't go wrong with blue & cream!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stargazer looks wonderful. The borders you have added look like are meant to be there. I agree that the blues and creams are lovely.
    It is great to see all your quilts airing on the line. It shows how busy and productive you have been!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! A clothesline full of gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me. I enjoy writing about my quilting projects and am so glad that you enjoy reading about them. I will certainly reply if you leave a comment. Thanks again!